Monday, April 21, 2008

Who am I? A slightly overweight woman!

Who am I?


It is a question that has been bothering me for a long time. I wonder why I am here in this world in the form of what I am given, and if I am not me -- who will I be? I can get very lost if I keep myself in this thinking mode.


More scary is that it is very often people around me do not quite see the same person in me as I do. It created a lot of self acceptance issues to me. In last 10 year or so, I also started to think about my integrity. Am I walking the talk? Do my actions align to who I claim myself to be? Do I allow myself to be me?

Lately, I found the answer of this very question -- who am I? I am my life. My life is the journey of my Body, Mind and Spirit. My life is hollow if my Body, Mind and Spirit do not deliver their purposes.


My Body is my interface to the external world, and it is the house of my Mind and Spirit. My mind is my perception of the world, and the agent to add fuel to my life by way of learning and sharing. My Spirit is my calling, my core values and my ability to connect to other souls. To live my life in full, I need to look after my Body, Mind and Spirit.


One of my cat's name is Lang Lang (Pretty Pretty). She is a projection of how I live my life style, and I get a lot of great reflection from her. One of the latest observation of her is that -- due to her gourment eating habbit she is slightly over weight and same as the writer. It will be lovely if I can shed at least 10% of my body weight.


So, what am I going to do about it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lang lang ma's real name is Leona,very pretty name!
this is a serious topic in your new blog,as you said‘要赢别人,首先要赢自己!’enjoy your life w/Lang Lang Ba is the major thing,it is going to work, whether you agree or not.
Let's keep going!!

cheez

Anonymous said...

Hello Lang Lang,
Some suggestion on losing weight:
Less meat more vege especially in the evening. Whole wheat and brown rice etc. Food before 21:00. Once a week be vegan. Spring and Fall fasting for a week. Detox (natural way) from time to time. No sugar or low natural sugar.
Most important balance our body, mind and soul. Practice yoga, chi gong, tai chi etc. Feel joy and be positive so organs work properly and maintain a good circulation of blood, chi, good mood. Sleep not later than 23:00.
As we chose our own look and our life path before we come to this life therefore no matter what we look like do remember to love ourselves unconditionally.
ASTO

Leona said...

ASTO: Thank you very very much for your advice. I shall take on your advice step by step. The first I am doing is quiting my weekday drinking habbit, hence reducing toxic input to my body. Next thing will be regular exercise which I hardly do. I shall keep everyone posted of my progress in this site :)

Leona said...

cheez:Thank you for your comment about my name. Yes, we do enjoy our life together as I believe that it takes a lot for us to meet and become a couple -- it is meant to be -- we'd better make the most out of it :)

Leona said...

2 years later in May 2010, Leona sheds 10%+ of her body weight and am very proud of looking good feeling right :)